January 21, 2010

365 Project: Day 93

I woke up this morning with the groggy haze of sleep thick in my head. I couldn't sleep last night. I just couldn't settle. I tried watching a movie, I tried listening to some music...and nothing. Not one droopy eye lid, not one yawn. I was wide awake. I finally nodded off around 4:30 this morning.

When I finally pried myself out of bed around 11 o'clock I didn't even think twice when I put on the boots that were next to my bed instead of the slippers I usually wear in the morning. I slipped my arms into my robe and headed to the kitchen to make a BIG pot of coffee. Its wasn't until I had finished that first cup that I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realized what I was wearing. I paused, cup in hand, and looked myself over in the full length mirror. I had to laugh and shake my head at myself. I might have even rolled my eyes. I looked ridiculous and I had been walking around for at least an hour like this before I even noticed that I was wearing boots.

These are the little moments that make me aware of myself from an outside perspective. I like that I can laugh at myself and these little quirks in my personality. Things like this are what make me who I am. These are the moments that make up my life. These are the private little moments that make up my relationship with myself. It was one of those moments when you catch yourself just being yourself.

No comments: