January 5, 2010

365 Project: Day 81

I am determined to stick to my list of New Year's resolutions this year. So, today I attended my very first business class at a local non-profit organization. I walked away feeling much more prepared and confident. I got a lot of my questions answered and was able to bounce some ideas off of the person giving the presentation. She had some really great advice. It was so refreshing to get answers from someone who knows what they're talking about. There are always so many ideas dancing around in my head and its nice to know that I can go there any time and get informed guidance on what my next move should be or which ideas I should pursue more seriously. Its amazing that these resources are out there in the community and available for FREE or almost free. Its a good feeling to know that there are entire organizations who want to see you succeed and will help you in any way they can. I will be taking several more classes in marketing, finance, SEO and website optimization and several other subjects over the next few months and I think my business is going to thrive this year because of it. I feel, overall, really encouraged and supported after this class.

Since I am the Jill of all Trades running this business and single handedly taking care of everything that goes along with that, I sometimes feel really isolated. I know that I have an amazing family and friends who love and support me, but there is no one who is actually in this boat with me. That can be hard. Sometimes it would be nice to have someone to collaborate with, someone who knows what I'm going through to talk to and rest my head on when I'm stressed and exhausted and just worked a 15 hour day, someone to just be excited with me when things are going well. I do get that from the people in my life, but its just not the same as having someone directly involved. At least now I feel like there is a place I can go where the people have the answers I'm looking for. Just knowing that gives me a little peace of mind.

No comments: