January 2, 2010

365 Project: Day 72

I love the water. I love the way it looks, the way it feels, the way it sounds, the way it smells. It relaxes me. I can sit and watch the ripples dance across the surface all day. I particularly love the rivers, lakes, marshes and bayous in the south. They all have a special charm. The way the sky turns the water purple at dusk, the reeds that grow along the shore, the thickets that line the banks, the white Egrets that stand majestically wading in the shallow water, the turtles that poke their noses out just above the surface. All of those things make these places special to me.

Heaven is sitting on the end of a wooden dock in the summer, dipping your toes in the water, watching the sun set and hearing the crickets, frogs, and cicadas come alive. There is nothing else like it.

No comments: