January 13, 2010

365 Project: Day 85

Ouch. I have got to learn how to slow down and pay more attention to where I'm going. I'm a walking accident, always have been. I don't know if its a lack of spacial awareness, or that I'm impatient, or that I'm always looking ahead to the next thing rather than paying attention to what I'm doing. I'm just always in a big hurry.

Throughout the years I have suffered a ridiculous number of bumps, bruises, stumped toes, skinned knees, splinters, paper cuts, and knots on the head. I've never quite figured out how to clear a doorway properly. I always cut it too close and end up hitting my arm, shoulder, or hip on the door frame or worse, the door knob. Oddly enough, even with all my clumsiness, I've never needed stitches nor have I broken anything. Although, I'm convinced that I broke my nose as a toddler. Not paying attention to where I was going, I peddled my tricycle directly into the bumper of my dad's work truck. I still have a small scar on my nose and across my right eyelid. However, I do have a very suspicious bump in the bridge of my nose, not to mention that I can't breathe very well out of my right nostril, which is why I think it may have been broken.

This particular bruise came about while attempting to shoot yesterday's 365 picture. In a hurry to get into the back seat, I managed to run directly into the side of my car. This was immediately followed by shooting pain and a slew of unladylike expletives. How I managed to do this, I'm not really sure. I wasn't paying attention, but damn, it really hurt.

No comments: