December 15, 2009

365 Project: Day 60

I have made it 60 days into this project. I can't believe it. Thats approximately 2 months! So, in celebration of that, I thought I'd create 2 pictures of 2 of me.

My friends are incredibly important to me. I'm extremely picky about who I really let into my life. I make friends easily, but I let very few people close to me. One of my closest and oldest friends is coming to visit from New York today! I'm really excited. We became friends in middle school when we were paired up to write movie reviews for the school newspaper. The two of us were the wittiest and most sarcastic 13 year olds you'd ever meet. Even now I'll go back and read our movie reviews and laugh.

We stayed close all through high school and even though we went our separate ways in college, we never lost touch. Even now, we'll go months without seeing each other or sometimes without even talking, but when we find time to get together again, we pick up right where we left off.

She is one of the very few people in my life who:

A) Just gets it. She always has. Whatever it is I'm thinking or doing or going through in my life, she gets it. Even when she doesn't, she at least tries to understand.

B) She is someone I trust without hesitation. I can tell her absolutely anything and not have to worry about being judged. With her, I can just vent.

C) I can always expect an honest response. I appreciate it when a person can be blunt with me and give me their real opinion with complete disregard for my feelings. Only a real friend will do that.

There are millions of other things that I love about her, but those three things, as simple as they may be, are very hard to find in another person. I value those things about our friendship. We've been through a lot together over the last 13+ years. There have been a lot of really good times and a lot of really bad ones. Only she can understand where I've been during the hard times, because she was there with me. No one else can ever understand the things that have bound us together. Our friendship has stood the test of time and distance. She will always be a part of my life. I consider her to be more than a friend, I consider her family.

No comments: