December 5, 2009

365 Project: Day 50

I woke up this morning to the sounds of a car being towed in front of my house. 7:30 am is not a time of day I see very often. But I figured, hey, I'm up, I might as well get this show on the road. 


I stayed in my PJs, but I brushed my teeth, made a pot of coffee and a piece of toast with grape jelly, put Imogen Heap on my iTunes, and cracked open my journal. I snuggled back in bed, drank my coffee and wrote in my journal for a couple of hours. I don't know where the time went. Once I start journaling I tend to lose track of time. It was nice to stay in bed for a little while and enjoy my morning. I don't get to do that very often.



 I am the epitome of a workaholic and I don't give myself a lot of down time. I start working almost the second I wake up and I don't stop until my head hits the pillow at night. I love what I do. It doesn't feel like work to me. I just feel busy for 12-15 hours a day. Sometimes I'm frustrated and exhausted and burnt out and sometimes I complain, but I still get up the next morning, excited to start all over again. It makes me happy to know that I'm not only doing what I love, but I am building a business and a future for myself. How lucky can a girl get?


The 9-5 life was never for me. I would work my butt off for someone else 8 hours a day with nothing more to show for it than a bad mood and paycheck. Which, don't get me wrong, a consistent paycheck was great, but I was miserable. Money has never equalled happiness for me. I have been working so hard lately and I feel like all this time I'm putting in is finally starting to pay off. I am making progress. People are not only starting to recognize my images, but they are actually buying them. I feel so grateful and blessed. Little by little, my dream is coming true. 

No comments: