December 1, 2009

365 Project: Day 44

I'm feeling really exposed lately. Its sort of cold and lonely out here. I think most of you would be surprised to hear this, but I'm a really private person. There are very few people that I truly confide in and I don't let my feelings out very often. That's why I keep a journal. I'm much more comfortable keeping things to myself and writing them down where they are protected from the world.

Since I started this project I feel myself slowly opening up. But all of a sudden it has occurred to me that I have exposed myself. I am letting people into my life. Writing for this project has been more of a personal challenge than I ever imagined it could be. It wasn't even part of the original plan. But once I started taking pictures, I felt the need to explain them. And because I have chosen to do so on the internet, there are potentially millions of people who can see me and who can read about what I'm thinking and going through in my life. I find that incredibly invasive and honestly, very terrifying. I have this nagging urge to retreat and pull back into my shell. But the fact that I am afraid only proves to me that this is worth it and I have to keep going. If for nothing else, then for the sake of personal growth and pushing my own limits.

No comments: