December 11, 2009

365 Project: Day 56

Today is my parents' 28th wedding anniversary. I think that is amazing. There aren't too many people I know who's parents are still together. I feel so blessed to have them both.

They were high school sweethearts and dated several years before they were married. Mom and dad went to separate high schools in two different towns. They were introduced when my mother's best friend, Marie, and my dad's best friend, Michael, started dating. The first time they were supposed to meet, Michael and Marie tried to set them up on a blind date at little pizza place. My dad didn't show up. His mother made homemade pizza for dinner that night and he decided he'd rather eat at home instead. He'll never live that one down.



When they finally did meet, things went much smoother. They were hanging out with friends and when my dad was leaving he told my mother goodbye and gave her two little kisses on the cheek. She swears to this day, when he kissed her she heard bells.

They were engaged when my mom was still in high school. (My dad is a year older.) The wedding was called off three times before they finally decided to go through with it. I'm so glad they finally got it together otherwise, where would I be?

My mom and dad are both amazing parents. I've always thought so, even when I was a completely disgruntled teenager and thought they were both wrong about everything and couldn't possibly relate to what I was going through. No matter what, I always respected them. They have both given me a lot of advice and taught me so many important lessons. They have always been endlessly supportive of me and everything that I do. They are the reason I'm the person that I am today. I am so grateful for them.



I love my family. When we are together I always have such a blast. We are so lucky to have each other. Family is the most important thing to me and I would do absolutely anything for them. Thanks to Marie and Michael for getting the ball rolling!

Mom and dad, Happy Anniversary, I love you both.

No comments: