November 30, 2009

365 Project: Day 37

We set off on our 14 hour journey at 4am-ish. My dad packed the car, we stopped for donuts, and off we went...again. I was distracted all day and almost forgot to even take my picture.

I try not to sleep too much on these trips. I read, listen to my iPod, write notes to myself about all the stuff that is not getting done while I'm away so I make sure to get to it when I return, and I like to look out the window at the passing scenery. I don't want to miss anything. I have seen more goats grazing on the roadside in these past two trips to Texas than I have ever seen in my entire life. But this time I saw two Llamas playing and running through an open field. I've never seen that before. I didn't even really think that Llamas ran at all. They always look so calm and composed. These are the things that amuse me after 14 hours in a car with my family.


I didn't know what to expect when we got to my grandmother's house. Almost the entire family was there waiting. Its was sort of a whirlwind of greetings and hugging and talking and it almost made me forget what I most dreaded about walking into that house. My grandfather's chair was empty.

No comments: