November 10, 2009

365 Project: Day 25

This is the front porch of my grandparents' house. I told you their house was mostly pink.

I couldn't properly document my memories of this house without including the front porch. This bench has been there, and been pink, for as long as I can remember. We have taken countless family photos sitting on it.

There used to be Azalea bushes in the flower beds. I would pick the bright pink flowers and wear them in my hair. They pulled those bushes out several years ago though when they became too much trouble. Now there is only the Monkey Grass. Wind chimes have always been a part of the decor of this house. There are several in the apple tree in the back yard. My Granddaddy put them out to scare the birds away from eating the apples. To this day, and probably for the rest of my life, the sound of wind chimes on a breeze reminds me of standing in this yard.

No comments: