November 17, 2009

365 project: Day 34

I am not a morning person by any means. I generally roll out of bed about 9:30-ish. But this morning I sprang from my sheets at such a speed it surprised even me.

I was escaping a nightmare.


This is very unusual for me. I don't remember my dreams very often, but when I do they are almost always pleasant. Not this morning. My eyes popped open like I was forcing myself awake. I was afraid and confused. It took me a second to even figure out where I was. As soon as I oriented myself and calmed down a little I couldn't get myself out of bed fast enough.

Since I work from home, I'm careful to treat my daily routine like a "real" job. I make a point to get up and get dressed and not stay in my pjs all day. Even though I probably could and no one would care except me. But today, I can't seem to get out of my robe in a timely manner. I feel jarred and disturbed by this whole experience.

I know why I had this nightmare. I know exactly what it was about and that makes is all the more scary to me. It was too real. It was all too possible in reality. Dreams and nightmares are supposed to be symbolic and unrealistic. They are supposed to speak to you from your subconscious. This one was yelling in my face.

No comments: