February 19, 2010

365 Project: Day 104

I realize I'm a little late with this one, but I have been VERY sick the last week. I'm still not feeling well at all, but I was determined to accomplish something today. So, here it is:

Day 104:

Its Valentine's Day! A day for love and romance and all of that stuff. I know so many people in crazy relationships right now that it makes me sort of grateful to be single. While it is nice to have someone there to snuggle and hold hands with, love makes you crazy. It makes you feel the most intense emotions. Highs and lows. Every sense is heightened. You act in ways that you never thought you would. There is an upside though. Nothing is better than the feeling of falling in love with someone. Where it gets tough for me is staying in love with someone. The sparkle definitely starts to wear off after a little while. Everyone always says that its because I just haven't met the right person yet. I don't think that's it. I think its definitely not them, its me. I really mean that. 
Being single is a whole new thing for me. I'm learning a lot about myself. I'm learning to live MY life, not my life in a couple. I'm learning to deal with moments of loneliness that I've never had before. But its overall a good thing. This is the longest I have been single in at least 10 years. I'm sort of proud of myself for not jumping right into another serious relationship. That's what I tend to do. I'm ridiculously impulsive when it comes to love. In typical Aquarius fashion, when I find someone I'm interested in, my curiosity takes over, I spend as much time as I can with this person. I basically devour them, learning everything about them, absorbing them like a sponge. Then, once I feel like I've learned everything I can, or I become bored, or they do something that completely turns me off, I run for the hills. Depending on the person this can take days, months or years.

My birthday was this month, and yes, I am a text book Aquarius. Just about every little trait of the water bearer describes me. Its a little freaky how accurate the zodiac can be. Its really very interesting to see every little detail of your personality spelled out on paper by someone who's never met you. Of course there are things about me that are uniquely Sara Norris. But for the most part, I'm proud to say that I am an Aquarius to the core. If you don't know anything about your sign, I suggest you look it up. Even if you don't believe in it. You might learn something about yourself.

No comments: