September 29, 2010

365 Project: Day 138

This is what I do when I've been working at my computer for WAY too long. I roll my desk chair away and lay on the floor with my feet propped up on the desk and I stare off into the distance. Its the only position that relieves the pain in my back and gives my eyes a much needed rest. Thankfully the cord for my headphones is long enough to accommodate my need to be periodically horizontal. 


I don't know how people do it. How do people sit at a computer in a desk chair for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week? Aside from the physical pain, it stresses me out. I go stir crazy when I'm chained to my desk. I desperately need a laptop so I at least have a little flexibility. I could sit in my new favorite chair, or in bed, or go to a coffee house. Working in front of a computer for hours and hours like this only adds to my already erratic sleeping habits. My exhaustion then makes my stress and frustration more intense. I try to take breaks, go outside, walk around, lay on the floor. I do everything I can to relieve my discomfort, but after a week straight of long days, I'm pretty much fried.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The result of all this work and pain is what makes it worth it in the end. I photographed, retouched and laid out my very first catalog for Dream Mullick Collection's Fall line. I'm so excited to see the final printed catalog. I'm proud of myself. I think it came out really great! And I'm sure I will only appreciate it more when the pain finally stops.

No comments: