December 24, 2008

'Twas the Night Before Christmas...

...and I was blogging. Ha!  I hope you are all having a Merry Christmas Eve.  I made Christmas dinner, complete with turkey, stuffing...the works. It was quite delicious if I do say so myself! So good that I have been parked on the couch in a food coma for the past few hours.
However, I still managed to add a new print to my Etsy shop.  


This image makes me feel like I'm laying on the beach, soaking up the sun circa 1970. Of course, its December and this is just wishful thinking.  But just looking at this picture, I can feel the warmth of the sun on my face.

I also went to an exhibit about the life of Frida Kahlo this afternoon.  There were many portraits of Frida from throughout her life.  She was friends with and photographed by so many famous photographers: Edward Weston and Imogen Cunningham just to name a couple. In every photo she looks so intense, focused and serious.  This one is, by far, my favorite. The colors are so beautiful.

This portrait is titled Frida on White Bench. It was taken by Nickolas Muray in 1939.  

I hope everyone did something fun and inspiring today. Merry Christmas!

Quote for the Day:
"A cloud does not know why it moves in such a direction and at such a speed...it feels an impulsion...this is the place to go now. But the sky knows the reasons and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will know, too, when you lift high enough to see beyond horizons."
-- Richard Bach

No comments: