June 22, 2008

I Love Polaroids

I took a trip down to my local photography shop a couple of days ago to have some film processed and to buy some supplies.  When I asked for a box of Polaroids the salesman pointed to a shelf where there were only five boxes.  He said, "That's all we have left and we won't be getting any more." 

I couldn't believe it! I had to restrain myself from buying up all of the boxes right then and there! I bought two boxes, wishing that I could take them all home with me, and left a little heartbroken.  

I have a great Polaroid Land Camera and after the next 40 exposures I might not ever be able to use it again! It makes me so sad that Polaroids are soon going to become extinct.  

I came across a website devoted to this very subject. Save Polaroids is a great resource for the latest news on Polaroids and what you can do to help save them. 

Quick! Somebody do something!

No comments: