November 11, 2009

365 Project: Day 28

The pest control company that my landlord hired came by this morning shortly after I got out of bed and sprayed outside our house. Within just a few minutes, the entire house was filled with the terrible smell of menthol. Like Vapor Rub. Before long my eyes were watering, my voice was hoarse, my nose all stuffed up and I had a terrible headache. I had to leave the house it was so strong. So I opened up the windows, turned on the swamp cooler and went to the park for a little while to read, people watch and listen to my iPod.


I love to read. I always have, even as a kid. When I get a hold of a book I am interested in, I devour every word of it. Biographies are my favorite. I love to read about how other people have lived their lives. There are so many different paths a person can take and I love hearing about the experiences people have once they choose their path.

Right now I'm reading a biography about Sylvia Plath and I can hardly put it down. She fascinates me. Plath was such a beautiful writer. She was very insightful and understood herself in a way that no one else could even though she was full of self-doubt. I find her observations about herself and the world around her to be really interesting.

In case you can't read the quote on the picture:

"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited." --Sylvia Plath

No comments: