October 13, 2009

365 versions of myself

Sometimes I think that there might actually be this many different parts of me. Somehow they all fit together to form this one person. So I am going to attempt to capture myself in as many different ways as possible over the next year of my life. Yes, I have finally made up my mind to tackle the 365 project.

I have been thinking about taking this on for a while now and I just couldn't find the motivation to get started. Just thinking about the task at hand already has me feeling overwhelmed. But I am going to do it.

I thought I'd start out with a bang and not only take one photo, but a series of photos. I figured what better place to start, but at the beginning...

Day 1: My Insomnia








I, for whatever reason, have not slept a full night in quite a while. My mind wanders. I sit on the porch and watch the stars. I work. I go for a run. I watch movies. I read. I listen to music. I pace. I am completely restless. I'm never in bed earlier than 3 or 4 in the morning and often I don't start to drift off to sleep until the first sign of dawn. By then, of course, its light out and I can't sleep because its so bright. There are nights when I don't sleep at all.

I'll go on like this for days until I eventually crash, usually about 2 or 3 in the afternoon, one day when my body just can't take the exhaustion any more. Then I sleep a couple of hours and start the routine all over again. I broke down and bought a body pillow yesterday. Lets see if that helps.

1 comment:

me said...

Maybe you should read my thesis on Antarctic sediments. It would put *anybody* to sleep. =)