February 5, 2009

Diane Von Furstenberg

My first love in photography is fashion.  If I could only photograph one subject for the rest of my life I would choose fashion, no doubt.

Diane Von Furstenberg creates the most beautiful, feminine clothes for women.  She has lived an incredible life and is such a great role model.  If you ever have a chance to read her autobiography, I highly suggest that you do.
I just got a look at her Spring 2009 collection and I love it!  These are just a few of my favorites:
The ad campaigns for DVF are photographed by an artist/writer named Francois-Marie Banier.  His work is so inspirational to me.  He combines photography with writing, drawing and painting to create the most interesting images.  A Russian model named Natalia Vodianova (of course she is breath taking) is the muse for these artistic advertisements. 

I love how he uses big swipes of color over the images.  It creates a whole new life for black and white photographs. To see more of his work you can visit his website.



Quote for the day:
"Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual."
--Arthur Koestler

No comments: