November 27, 2008

I'm in Love....with my new camera!


I just got a Polaroid SX70!  I don't think I have ever been this excited about anything that I got in the mail in my entire life!

Imagine my disappointment when I got home to find a little card in my mailbox announcing that my camera arrived, but it required signature confirmation and was being held hostage at the post office! Oh no!

I commute everyday and work a full time job, so 6:00 AM was the only time I could make it to the post office. For all who know me, I do not have to explain that I AM NOT a morning person. However, I made an exception for my new Polaroid friend and managed to drag myself down there at the crack of dawn.

My sleepy eyes perked right up as soon as I got that little box in my hands. I practically skipped back to my car! Of course I opened it right there in the parking lot! I had to use my car keys and a ball-point pen to tear through the packing tape. I must have looked like I was crazy.

Finally! There it was. In the early morning light, my new Polaroid and I met for the first time.  It was love at first sight. 

2 comments:

Andrea Montali Photography said...

Hi Sara,
if you're in love with your "new" SX-70 you may like this promotional video, posted by Amy Stein in her blog.

It's touching and emotional thinking about those "ancient days" of photography.

Ciao, Andrea

Andrea Montali Photography said...

hooops .. this is the link to the video ...

http://amysteinphoto.blogspot.com/2009/10/eames-polaroid-promotional-film.html