January 15, 2009

Terrariums

I have been thinking about making my very own little terrarium for quite some time now.  Word on the street is that they are really easy to care for.  I love having plants in my house, but it is no secret that I do not have a green thumb.  I decided that a terrarium is the way to go.

The last week was spent gathering the materials I needed.  I bought a little glass container, dug up some moss (from an undisclosed location), and I got a really adorable little succulent.  I waited all week and FINALLY this weekend I had the time to put it all together.  


The purple on the tips of the succulent are my favorite part.  It adds a nice little pop of color against the green bed of moss.

These are the clumps of moss that I dug up from a location that shall remain a secret...Shhhh!

It was actually really easy and I think it came out totally cute! I'm so proud of my little terrarium!
I put little glass stones in the bottom instead of actual rocks.  I think they look nice and I had some left over from another project I was working on.

If you want to make your own terrarium I found some really easy to follow instructions in Domino Magazine.

I would love to see your terrariums when you are finished! Have Fun!

Quote for the day:
"More grows in the garden than the gardner sows."
- Old Spanish Proverb

No comments: